Coldbeat Gets a Double Feature on Beatport

Blog post by Coldbeat.

Ok, firstly is important (or at least relevant to me) to mention how it feels odd when I write something referring to myself in third person, not sure if I'm doing it correctly but let's keep it like that for the time being, but I promise you that I'll look into that. In any case, feel free to share your thoughts in the comment area.

Well, now where were we anyway? Right... the double feature thing.

You know that moment when you listen to a song and almost instantly you feel a connection with it? And you must have that song on repeat for like an hour? That's pretty much how I felt when I first heard 'Back To You', the Original Mix composed/ produced by Madistt, Germany based producer, with lyrics/ vocals by Brooke Mitchell, from USA. That song is really catchy, but you can hear for yourself clicking here.

'Back To You' is the kind of Electro House/ EDM song that I like to remix, and so I did. I was really looking forward to the release, I had a very positive feedback from our promo pools, and I'm sure we had a few spins worldwide, on clubs and radios. I was 100% happy with everything.

BIO: Coldbeat takes the feeling of the 'Back To You' song, originally by Madistt, into a whole new direction with his "dark" Electro House remix, filled with heavy bass tones mixed with the melodic and happy energy of Brooke Mitchell's lyrics. Conflicting emotions, going in opposite directions, and yet, a blasting remix in perfect balance.

Before we move forward with the blog post I would like to mention a few important dates:

- The Original Mix by Madistt and Brooke Mitchell was released on December 11, 2015, at it came out with a remix by Footfull. Tune in clicking here;
- The Coldbeat Remi... My Remix came out on April 3, 2017. Tune in clicking here;
- And the STEMS music file format release of my Remix came out on May 19, 2017. Tune in clicking here.

I have to say, I'm really digging to that new STEMS file format, even I'm not DJing using that file, but as far as I've heard and seen it looks really fun, gives you a new wave of possibilities while doing live mixes. On May 19 it was my turn, it was when we released the STEMS file format of 'Back To You (Coldbeat Remix)'. And then BOOOM! Not only 1 but 2 different Beatport features, on 2 different sections on Beatport. We got it featured on Beatport's Home Page (beatport.com) and the STEMS file format page (beatport.com/STEMS).

Beatport has been very supportive to us when it comes to STEMS, that's really amazing and means a lot for us, indie artists and labels. By the way, I'm planning my second album on that format, needless to say, if you're into Electro House/ Complextro and STEMS, you can expect something HUGE.

Well, you have now reached the end of this post, congratulations and I hope you have enjoyed it.. as much as I like sharing those special moments with you S2. And remember, if you want to know more about STEMS and be part of this new movement, leave me a message, share your thoughts and post a comment, I'll be glad to read and answer your messages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons You Should Never Buy SoundCloud Plays, Likes And Followers

Learn about Native Instruments exciting new music format, STEMS

Kid Optimus gets Featured on Juno Recommends Electro House